Tuesday, February 28, 2012

An Evening With Oscar And The Girls


My friend, Shelby, who I've known since we were twelve! was throwing an Oscar Party and I was actually able to make it this year! Yayyy!


I dressed up kinda nice, wore my favorite silk scarf that I ever painted, and a pair of new heels.
New. Heels.




Stopped off at Harry Winston's for some bling. But wasn't able to get a bodyguard.
It seems they were all busy guarding the jewels the celebrities borrowed from them,
for Oscar night. Dangit. ;)




"Alright, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close up."





After that, I headed out. It was a gorgeous, sunny, Southern California day.





I got lost. Of course. Drove around in circles for twenty minutes. Not a great idea when gas is $4.37 a gallon, and you're driving a van.





Hoooney, I'm hooome!




And here she is! My pal since our first day of Jr. High School! Through all of our moving around and living in different parts of the country, we've always kept in touch. Hey! Good friends are hard to come by! And besides, she knows all my secrets, so I can't piss her off!





Here's the rest of our gang from Jr. High.
Shari, Shelby, yours truly and Val. Still as crazy as ever! Love these gals!!





Here's where we watched the show. Such a great room and beautiful house.
Think I'll move in.





If you've been reading my blog, you know that this was my favorite spot in the entire house - the dessert table!! I made the raw, Strawberry, Chocolate Cheesecake. But I scarfed down the cookies! I was sorry later.





Took time to smell the roses. Sniff, sniff. Mmmmm.





These are the score-thingies. We were supposed to put a check by all we thought would win.
I can truly say, I suck at this game!!





Some of the gals had already claimed their seats and were ready to get started on their ballots. But first I made them pose for a picture. There's Dee on the left, then Shari, Helen, Carol and Beverly.





How about a couple more? Oops. Never mind. We lost Carol.
She's ready to kick some butt and win this thing!





Now they're all engrossed in picking the winners, before the show starts.
Think I'll go eat some more cookies. Which I did.





Look who stopped by!! Shelby's daughter, Erin and her adorable son, Logan, with the cool 'do'!





There he is, giving Grandma a hug. What a cutie-pie!!





And there's Val, helping to set up the food. Great looking table - and eats.
Love her sparkly vest.





It was a fun show this year!
Even though I love, Meryl Streep, I wanted the gal from, "The Help" to win. And I was hoping the funny gal from, "Bridesmaids" would win too. But it was not to be. This is why I never win the game!
And who picked the most winners? Eighteen!! (Compared to my four!)





SHARI!! I think she wins every year!! Here she is showing off her prize.
Good job, girl!!





Yayyy! It's time to eat! But lemme get a picture first.





And there's Shelby, the hostess with the mostest. That was some goood food everyone brought!





And here they are, doing the Angelina Jolie leg-pose. She's got nothin' these gals don't have!
Well... okay... there's that Brad guy.
From left to right; Beverly, Dee, Shari, Shelby, Carol, Colleen, Val and Helen.





It was my turn to get in the picture. Hey! Who turned off the light?!





"Cigars? Cigarettes?" Val. Such a jokester. :)





This is what I looked like when I left for home. In good spirits and able to think straight.
You'll see why I mention that, in a second.





Headin' home, paying attention to the speed-limit. So much so, that I missed my exit to I-5.
Of course I did.





This is what I looked like when I woke up on Monday morning.
I told you I'd be sorry that I ate all that good stuff!! I felt like a zombie. Couldn't finish a sentence.
Walked as if I was drunk. Had a stomach ache and a headache, heading for a migraine.
Some of you know that I have a ton of food sensitivities and can't eat anything processed.
Or sugary. That's why I became a raw foodist. But, I still cave when I'm around so much good stuff!!
And I always pay the price. I spent most of Monday in bed. Someday I'll learn!
Temptation. It is what it is.





And this was my breakfast. :( Definitely not "Breakfast Of Champions".





Note to self; If you wear these all afternoon and night...





You will need these the next day.
I've done this before too. Different shoes. Same feet.





I felt better on Tuesday and was able to have a healthy breakfast. A piece of my left-over, raw Cheesecake! Yeah, baby!! And hot water.


Leaving the glitz and glamour of the Oscars behind... it's back to reality.
Whatever the heck that is. :-)











There are SO many things to love!
I love "Followers" and comments too!
Thank you.



Signing off for now,
gabriele


2 comments:

  1. You are still a young chick!Love that scarf! Really enjoyed reading about your party. I now understand why you you made that choice for your food. Must be very difficult to abstain when these goodies are calling you. Hope you are feeling better. So much fun to get back with old friends.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Fabulous! An excellent presentation of our Oscar Night. Can't wait until next year, Colleen

    ReplyDelete