Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kids LOVE To Fly!


Me... not so much.
BUT, I put on my brave game-face, loose clothing and comfortable shoes -
for our flight from Georgia to California.
(For those that haven't read my earlier posts -
I'm taking my seven year old granddaughter and five year old grandson to my house for two weeks.)


My eleven month old granddaughter had to stay behind. :(
(Next time, Sweetie!)



A goodbye hug from Dad, for his girl.



And a hug, of sorts, for his boy.



I told them to "hold on tight!" the train taking us to our gate was about to take off.


We rushed to the gate -
and waited...



and waited...


and waited.
(Notice the ring? This girl knows how to accessorize!!)



One quick trip to the 'Ladies Room' before we board.
I promised their parents I'd keep an eye on them at all times.



Finally, we're boarding the plane. (Nice plane, nice plane, nice plane.)



She counted down from ten to one, and he pumped his fists and yelled
"Blast off!" when the plane finally got off the ground.



Passing the time. (And being quiet.)



Is he looking at the clouds? Or dreaming about playing football?



She's the reader. She's very proud that she's already on page 100.



Nap time.



And because we weren't too horrendous, the flight attended offered to take a picture of us, as we were leaving the plane.



Down the ramp -
and almost there...



almost there...



There!!
In Grampa's arms!!!!




This is what was waiting for them, when they got to our house!
Toys, books and 'stuff' I'd ordered ahead of time, to keep them occupied.
(Hey, I'd like to keep the hair I have left!)



In the evening, it was time for me to read them a bed-time story.
Miss Cutie-Pie sleeps with a stuffed animal that she named after her favorite teacher.
The Dude sleeps with a football.
I went to take it away and he said "No! I don't sleep without my football!"
(Earlier in the week, when it was time to cut his hair, he asked for a "Jerry Rice" haircut -
a retired All-Pro wide receiver.)



Sweet dreams.
(I love these screamin' brats!!)



Mel-Mel??
She got a free ride, tucked inside a happy little girl's braid.




Signing off for now,
gabriele




No comments:

Post a Comment