Thursday, May 29, 2014

Karolina Eleonora's "Bad Ass Peanut Butter Bars".


I've known this beautiful, Swedish gal for several years now... and have bought every eBook she's come out with!! Because she is, in my opinion, the best raw dessert chef out there!!!!

Please check-out her website and her newest eBooks... you won't be sorry!!


She has kindly given me permission to use her image (above) and promised not to get the recipe-police after me, if I share that with you too! (She's cool that way.)


These scrawny little photos are mine, but I had fun taking 'em. Here are the ingredients the recipe calls for. Speaking of recipes... it's at the end of this post! 




I didn't have enough Peanut Butter, so I had to use some of the Cashew Butter. I also used the liquid Vanilla, instead of scraping the Vanilla Bean. (I was in a hurry... and truth be told, just a little lazy.)




I began by soaking the Dates. I left them in their little bath, while I did the other stuff.




I popped the Hazelnuts and shredded, unsweetened Coconut into the food processor.




And gave it a whirl until they looked like...




... this.




I put that mixture into a bowl.




I took all of the pits out of the Dates and cut them into smaller pieces. That's not in the directions, but my food processor likes me better when I do that.




Oops. Missed a pit. Sneaky little devils.



I put the Dates in the food processor...




And let it run until it wouldn't anymore. Just a couple of minutes.




By then it was a nice paste.




Here's what got tossed in next.




Man... I love nut butters!!




After adding all of those ingredients, I gave it another good whirl.




There she goes!




And this is what it looked like.




Then it was time to add the stuff from the bowl.




The food processor sure came in handy on this day. If you notice that there is no photo of when it was through processing... it's because, I was freaking out!! Freaking out because I did a little taste-test and it tasted just like, Peanut Butter Cookies!!!! OMG!! My favorite, FAVORITE dessert!!!!




Needless to say... this crazy-delicious mixture HAD to be made into cookies!!!!
(I don't think Karolina would mind!)




They kinda looked like hamburgers. :) I added the little fork-marks 'cause Peanut Butter Cookies have that.




I ended up with two layers. A total of 18 cookies.




Popped them in the fridge until they hardened. I bet I could have put them in the dehydrator to make them even more cookie-ish.  But that's more work and Karolina's recipes are meant to be easy!!




While they were in the freezer, I made myself some Almond Milk. Milk & Cookies. Gotta have it.




Also easy-peasy to make. Grind one cup almonds, in a dry blender-jar. Trust me on the 'dry' part.




Until it looks like this.





Then add three cups of decent water. 







Give it a whirl until it looks like milk.






And there you have it... Almond Milk.




There is another step to making almond milk and that's to strain it. I actually like mine as is.
(Don't judge me.)




Nice!!




The cookies were ready and so was I!




HEAVEN ON A PLATE!!!!




Thank you SO very much, dear Karolina, for letting me share your beyond-delicious recipe with my peeps!!!! You're the best!!!!!!!! xoxoxo






"BAD ASS PEANUT BUTTER BARS"
Makes about 10.

1 cup shredded coconut (grind into flour)
1 cup Hazelnuts (grind into flour)
1 cup Dates
4 T Virgin Coconut Oil
1/4 t Vanilla from pod
2 pinches of Himalayan Salt
0.5 cup Peanut Butter


Pit and soak the Dates for a couple of minutes.
Make a flour of the shredded Coconut and Hazelnuts in a food processor.
It doesn't have to be perfect. Put aside in a bowl.
Make a Date Paste of the Dates in a food processor. 
Then add the rest of the ingredients and process into a dough. 
Form into bars and put them in the fridge or freezer to harden.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



And there you have it, Ladies & Gents!!!

I hope you'll give this wonderful (easy!) recipe a try and take a peek at Karolina's website & eBooks!!







MORE!!! Gimme moooore!!!!







There are SO many things to love!
I love Followers and comments too!
Thank you.



Signing off for now,
gabriele




3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say hello! I hope you are have a great summer!

    Greetings from Germany,
    Gaby <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Karolina still making Raw Desserts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure. I know she has several interests now. But I sure hope she is still involved with raw desserts, because she came up with some awesome recipes!!
    Love her!! <3

    ReplyDelete